Summer Term 2024 (8 sessions):
5 & 19 April, 3,17 & 31 May, 14 & 28 June, 12 July 2024
Cost £136 Payment plans are available for those on a more restricted income.
The first session of each term is open for newcomers to try, if there are still places avaialble in the group, please check availability, after this the group is closed for the term. The cost is £17, if you join the group this would be deducted from the full cost.
Group size and booking
Numbers are limited to 24 for this closed group, it does tend to get full early so it is worth booking in advance if you know you wish to join us.
This group is for anyone who wishes to explore their love of dancing in more depth with the support of a dedicated group. The intention of this group is to provide a safe container for explorations into the movement as medicine, giving us a chance to discover more of our individual dances in conversation with the dance we share between us. In a closed group we are able to build the trust that enables more freedom of expression and adventuring together. Over the term we can take a journey with each other and really call on the support of the practices of Movement Medicine that invite us into more of who we truly are. Some of the places we might visit on this journey are:
• The simple practice of listening to, engaging with and truly inhabiting our physical bodies. This is the bedrock of our practice.
• The movement of and between our micro awareness, internal landscape, and macro awareness, all that is outside of us.
• The elements, earth, air, fire and water that we can call on as a resource and a place to remember that which we are made of.
• Yin and Yang - dancing with the archetypal feminine of listening, receiving and accepting what is; and the masculine of enagaging, encouraging and taking action; finding the creative dance between them.
• Unity and freedom - finding the place where we can move freely between being in our own dance and being in sync and connection with others.