A Movement Medicine Samhain Journey
Led by Ya'Acov Darling Khan October 26-27, 2024 Location: Paris
Ecstasis, literally meaning ‘to stand outside oneself,’ is a state that has been available to humans across culture and time. We take standing outside ourselves to mean a state in which we are can see the bigger picture in which our lives exist. Ecstasis can arise at any time, and it tends to give deeper context and meaning to our lives. It can refer to grief as well as joy and through it, we can gain valuable insight and guidance into our lives and what actually matters most to us.
Movement Medicine is an embodied practice rooted in the ancient traditions and contemporary expressions of ecstatic dance and alchemy.
As we come close to the ancient Celtic Festival of Samhain, a time when it is said the veil between the world is at its thinnest, this is the perfect opportunity to deepen our relationship with those who came before us. Ecstasis via the dance is an excellent way to meet our ancestors and to remember why a good relationship with them is considered a necessity amongst so many indigenous traditions.
During this weekend journey, you will:
· Cultivate an intimate connection with the triple-woven wisdom of the body-heart-mind through interoceptive practice.
· Touch into the rich history and origins of ecstatic dance, rediscovering its timeless capacity to heal, connect, and transform.
· Foster self-awareness and enhance your capacity for authentic connection with your body-heart-mind and the space and people around you.
· Reawaken your innate connection to the elements, all of which can be powerful allies in your capacity to dance with what life brings.
· Participate in an all-day Movement Medicine ceremony, rooted in grounded ecstasis and dialogue with the wisdom and experience of our ancestors.
After the ceremony, we will take the time to integrate the experience so you can bring the wisdom gained back into the fertile ground of your day-to-day life.
Ya'Acov has been studying and practicing shamanism all his adult life. When he was 21, he was hit by lightning and through this, began a three-decade-long journey of initiation. As well as an 18-year apprenticeship with Gabrielle Roth in what we described in the 1980’s as ecstatic dance, he has been recognised as a practicing shaman by Elder Shamans from the Sami (European tradition), and Achuar and Sápara peoples of the Amazon. Together with his wife Susannah, he is the Co-Creator of Movement Medicine, a contemporary and dynamic movement practice designed to support people from all walks of life to be who they are and give what they’ve got. Ya’Acov’s work comes from the heart. He inspires and challenges people, often with great humour, to become more real and present.
He is the author of Jaguar in the Body, Butterfly in the Heart (Hay House 2017), the creator of Shaman’s Song - Shamanic Journeys to Empower, Inspire and Re-Connect (Hay House 2018), and the Co-Author of Movement Medicine - How to Dance, Awaken and Live your Dreams, (Hay House 2009). His latest book, Shaman – Invoking Power, Purpose and Presence at the Core of Who You Are was published by Hay House in Spring 2020.